Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I Want Wednesday

Its Wednesday again and that means I get to talk about the books I want =]

Summary: "Lily Sanderson has a secret, and it’s not that she has a huge crush on gorgeous swimming god Brody Bennett, who makes her heart beat flipper-fast. Unrequited love is hard enough when you’re a normal teenage girl, but when you’re half human, half mermaid like Lily, there’s no such thing as a simple crush. 
Lily’s mermaid identity is a secret that can’t get out, since she’s not just any mermaid – she’s a Thalassinian princess. When Lily found out three years ago that her mother was actually a human, she finally realized why she didn’t feel quite at home in Thalassinia, and she’s been living on land and going to Seaview high school ever since, hoping to find where she truly belongs. Sure, land has its problems – like her obnoxious, biker boy neighbor Quince Fletcher – but it has that one major perk – Brody. The problem is, mermaids aren’t really the casual dating type – when they “bond,” it’s for life. When Lily’s attempt to win Brody’s love leads to a tsunami-sized case of mistaken identity, she is in for a tidal wave of relationship drama, and she finds out, quick as a tailfin flick, that happily-ever-after never sails quite as smoothly as you planned."
Why I want it: I'm starting to get sick of the vampires and werewolves. I am really feeling the mermaid books. I really hope more come out.

Summary: "A message. A key. A mirror. A secret world unlocked.
Lena has lived her whole life near the beach, walking the shore, breathing the salty air,swimming in the cold water, and watching the surfers rule the waves. As her sixteenth birthday approaches, Lena vows to learn to surf. Her father forbids it.
Now nothing can stop Lena from seeking the mermaid, not even the dangerous waves at Magic Crescent Cove. But something Lena can’t identify at first—an ancient, powerful magic—keeps drawing her to the water. One day, she finally catches sight of it: a beautiful woman, with a silvery tail. And what Lena sees in the mermaids mirror will change her life forever"
Why I want it: Again I am feeling the mermaid books

Summary: "I am a beast. A beast. Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog, but a horrible new creature who walks upright – a creature with fangs and claws and hair springing from every pore. I am a monster. You think I’m talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It’s no deformity, no disease. And I’ll stay this way forever – ruined – unless I can break the spell. 
Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I’ll tell you. I’ll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and a perfect life. And then, I’ll tell you how I became perfectly beastly"
Why I want it: I saw the movie and thought it was great. I want to read the book because I am sure its better. I also love modern spins on old fairy tales


1 comment:

  1. 2020 Next Generation Indie Book Awards Call for Entries

    The Next Generation Indie Book Awards offers over 70 Categories - More than 70 Awards – with over 70 monetary prizes totalling more than $10,000 in cash, including $1,500 cash prizes plus trophies for best fiction book and best non-fiction book, $750 cash prizes plus trophies for second best fiction book and non-fiction book and $500 cash prizes plus trophies for third best fiction book and non-fiction book.

    ENTER ONLINE NOW AT: http://www.indiebookawards.com/enter/entryform

    Presented by Independent Book Publishing Professionals Group (IBPPG) in conjunction with Marilyn Allen of Allen O'Shea Literary Agency, the Next Generation Indie Book Awards was established to recognize and honor the top independently published books of the year. IBPPG was formed to provide support and recognition for the independent book publishing profession and we encourage all independent authors and publishers to enter their books in the 2020 Next Generation Indie Book Awards so that they too can earn recognition and receive other benefits from having an award-winning book.

    For more information, see www.indiebookawards.com

    We wish you much success with your book.

    Next Generation Indie Book Awards
    Independent Book Publishing Professionals Group

    ReplyDelete