Friday, September 9, 2011

Favorite Book Friday

I have decided to do a weekly post about my favorite books.
Summary
"Jessica Darling is a cynical sixteen year old girl trying to find her place in life. When her best friend Hope moves away Jessica is upset. She finds herself alone to deal with a family that doesn't understand her, friends who she doesn't like, and the attentions of the school "bad boy". To top it all off Jessica and her friends are now the subject of a celebrity tell all book! When she accidentally becomes editor for the school newspaper it just might be the perfect outlet to vent her frustrations, but how much does she believe in free speech? Jessica deals with each crisis using her trademark wit and sarcasm as she tries not to live up to her "Darling" of a name. "


I first read this book in middle school and I loved in. In the past couple years the rest of the series came out so I re-read it. I absolutely love it. It it written in diary style. Jessica is a cynical and sarcastic teenager stuck in a town with people she can't stand. The book is amazing and so are the sequels. They are some of the few books I have read more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment